We offer paper-based exam scanning (aka bubble sheets) for Penn State courses. Please use our order form to request a supply of blank answer sheets.
Submit an Exam
- See Scanning Best Practices for information on how to prepare and submit an exam for scanning.
- Fill out and print the Scanning Request Form at your desk or at one of our computers—include any additional weighting or unscrambling forms.
- Bring or mail the printed forms, keys and student response sheets to 105 Pollock Building.
After Student Sheets are Scanned
- We will notify you by email when your data is ready. Please do not make any changes to the exam on the Instructor Tools web site until you receive our email that your job is complete.
- Sheets with errors are separated and the error noted.
- Sheets with missing or incorrect student numbers may be resubmitted as an Append Request.
- All other errors or corrections to your exam may be made on the Instructor Tools web site.
Instructors can use the Instructor Tools web site to email each student a report with their exam results. Only the instructor or designated proxy can release this report.
Scanning Data Expiration
The scanning system retains data only for the current and immediate past semester. Please download your results and reports within this time frame. We recommend you store these data with a copy of your exam and the student scan sheets. The exam and scan sheets are the official university record and must be retained by the instructor for one year (see General Retention Schedule, Student Records, Examinations & Answer Sheets).
Please send your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to Find Us
Fall and Spring Hours
8:00A - 5:00P, Monday through Friday
5:00P – 11:00P Drop Box
Closed University holidays
8:00A – 5:00P Monday – Thursday
8:00A – 3:00P Friday
Exams dropped off after 3:00 p.m. on Friday may not be processed until Monday.
During finals week, we will not mail exams until the following week.
9:00A - 3:00P, Monday through Thursday
Closed Fridays (except when finals fall on a Friday) and University holidays
Visit our page for details regarding a Partial Closure of Pollock Testing Center for Summer 2018
2 to 3 business days