Services for TAs and Graduate Instructors
Our goal is to help instructors improve students’ learning, whether the instructor is a faculty member or a graduate student. We know that TAs and other grad students who are teaching may face a unique set of challenges. Thus, in addition to our extensive workshops, programs and resources in support of good course design, implementation, and assessment, which are available to anyone teaching at Penn State, we offer resources especially for TAs and other grad students who help undergraduates learn.
In the following sections, you’ll find advice about communicating with students and faculty, dealing with cultural differences, grading effectively, finding an academic job, and more.
Resources for TAs and graduate instructors
- Academic job search resources
- Graduate assistantships at the Schreyer Institute
- Guide to effective grading
- Guide to interacting with students
- TA case study
- TA questions for professors
- TA resources for undergraduates (pdf)
- PSU Graduate Instructors on Facebook
Resources for international TAs and graduate instructors